Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bahasa Pilotto

I was immediately drawn to the prints and textile choices at the Peter Pilotto SS12 show. The first thought I had was that these enigmatic linear prints closely resembled the style of Indonesian Batik.

The duo were in fact inspired by their recent trip to Indonesia, and we can see hints of the country in their collection. If I were to imagine what elements of their trip influenced their collection; I'd say that the prints were inspired by Batiks and touristy island culture, the lace came from the top half of the traditional costume, and the scuba silhouettes were inspired by the vast diving sites surrounding the islands.






My favorite part of the collection is the way the printed body-con bodices are woven to contour the frame. I love how all elements have come together, to fit ideally into a modern wardrobe. 

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment