Sunday, February 27, 2011

Color Berlin

Matthias Heiderich is a Berlin based self-taught photographer who takes the most wonderful of photos! I can't stop staring at his ethereal but compositionally graphic images. The first thing that came to mind, is what wonderful album art these would make. After much stalking of his flickr albums, I found out that he has indeed collaborated with some bands.

To me a lot of his work visually evokes the same mood as the film Gattaca...the contradiction of retro and futuristic (although with brighter color). There's also a 70's vibe resonating through his work....

My favorite of his photographic series are the Color Berlin ones!







Stills from the 1997 film Gattaca

They are so many great photos, and are even better when viewed at actual size. It was hard for me to select a few ;D.

6 comments: