Thursday, February 24, 2011

Print Maximizer

I love print as a design tool, and any ingenius way of using it has me ooohhhing and aaahhhing!

Mary Katrantzou has to be my favorite designer at the moment, for this very reason. She continues to do what she does best: pushing the boundaries of print. I was obsessed with her SS11 collection and this fashion week season; her's is THE collection I have been dying to see! 

Mary Katrantzou - SS11 via style.com

Mary Katrantzou - AW11/12 via style.com

Silhouettes from AW11/12 echo those of SS11, but have a more commercial appeal. Print however has taken a different turn; with a decorative feel this season, as compared to the graphic trompe l'oeil elements of spring's collection.

I'm still partial to Katrantzou's previous collection, but I am eager to see what this digital print mastermind comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment